Frequently Asked Questions
Photographer: Svetlana Photography
What precautions is VA taking for Covid19?
Villa Antonia has always maintained a very high level of venue cleanliness and staff awareness of guest’s safety, and we have increased our best practices to address recent concerns surrounding COVID-19. Our current practices are as follows: Adherence to applicable government mandates and recommended health protocols.
- The protocols for wedding venues and guests are available on the website of the Texas Department of State Health Services (https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx)
- All staff and vendors are required to take temperatures and complete a COVID-19 screening before arriving at Villa Antonia. Anyone exhibiting symptoms or with known exposure to COVID-19 is not permitted onsite.
- All staff and vendors wear masks and catering staff wear gloves throughout the event.
- Restrooms and high-touch surfaces, including bar tops, doorknobs, and handrails, are disinfected throughout the event.
- All tables and chairs are disinfected after each event.
- The venue is professionally cleaned between each event.
- Catering staff serve all buffets and beverages.
- Guest tables are staged 6’ apart for proper social distancing.
- Seating chart recommended for grouping of guests in the same households.
- Ceremony chairs are spaced out to allow for social distancing.
- Free standing hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
- HEPA free standing air purifiers with sanitation filters for indoor areas
- In accordance with current mandates, masks are required for all guests when it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distance from other individuals not in the same household, with certain limited exceptions such as when eating or drinking.
As you can see, we take the safety of your guests seriously. Although your event may look a bit different under the new guidelines, we are confident you can still have a special and memorable wedding day.
What is the capacity for each area of the Villa?
The Villa has many flexible spaces. The capacity depends on seated or standing, tables or chairs. The most common inquiries are for the following: Chapel Ceremony (chairs): 200, Inside the main Villa (seated at tables): 200, Gazebo Ceremony (chairs): 50
Do I get to pick my own Caterer?
You get to choose from our list of eight established Austin catering companies. Food & beverage service is such an important piece of your guests’ experience that we have vetted the best catering partners who have proven themselves to provide exemplary service at the Villa.
Do I have to use only your recommended vendors for other services?
Apart from catering and bartending, you are free to use a vendor of your choice for photography, music, flowers, etc. However, the vendors we do proudly recommend are those who have worked with us seamlessly in the past and have provided our guests with top-notch service.
Who sets up and takes down all tables and chairs for my event?
The staff from the preferred catering companies.
Can we purchase our own alcohol?
Yes. You can bring the alcohol or have it delivered. However, only professional TABC-certified bartenders on the Villa’s vendor list may serve your guests once it is on the property.
I have a friend who is TABC certified; can she/he serve alcohol at our wedding?
Unfortunately, only bar staff approved by Villa management is allowed to serve due to liability concerns.
Do you have speakers or a sound system?
We do not, but the DJ’s provide an excellent experience with their state-of-the-art sound system.
What time can my vendors arrive the day of my event?
They may arrive two hours prior to the event for set up, which is included in the 11-hour venue rental. After the event, they will have one hour to break down and vacate the premises.
When can I schedule our rehearsal?
The rehearsal is typically scheduled in the morning a day or two prior to the wedding.
Where can my guests stay?
There are a variety of options near the Villa. Our lodging recommendations are listed on the Preferred Vendors Page.
How do I book a date?
A signed agreement and half the rental rate are required to secure your date.
Are you LGBTQ+ friendly?
Yes, we welcome anyone who wants to celebrate their love and we are happy to be a part of such a milestone celebration.
Do You Have A Pet Policy?
We welcome your furry family members (dogs only) to share in your celebration. All dogs must be on a leash at all times, require a handler who will guide them and clean-up any messes. We encourage you to hire [email protected]l.com to host your dog throughout the evening.
Do you host Indian weddings?
Yes, we love to! You can go off list for catering for special dietary/cultural needs. However, you still MUST hire one of our Preferred Vendors to provide staffing.
Do you allow fireworks displays?
Yes, our terraces are the perfect location or your guests to experience the show! You must utilize one our preferred fireworks vendors who collaborate with our local fire department for a safe and enjoyable experience.