Frequently Asked Questions
What precautions is VA taking for Covid19?
Posted July 10, 2020
Villa Antonia already had a very high level of venue cleanliness and staff awareness of guest’s safety, but we have since increased our best practices to address recent concerns surrounding COVID-19 to include:
- All staff and vendors will take temperatures before arriving at Villa Antonia. None will work if showing symptoms
- All staff and vendors will wear masks and catering will wear gloves throughout the event
- All guests will wear masks as part of the current Travis County mandate
- All surfaces to include bar tops, table, chairs, doorknobs and handrails will be continuing disinfected throughout the event
- The venue will be professional cleaned between each event
- Catering staff will serve all buffets and beverages
- All guest tables will be staged 6’ apart for proper social distancing
- Ceremony chairs will be spaced out a bit more than usual
- Free standing hand sanitizer stations throughout venue
- HEPA free standing air purifiers with sanitation filters for indoor areas like the Foyer, Chapel and Wine Cellar
- Adherence to the State of Texas Governor’s office orders. Information relating to wedding venue and guests can be found here: https://open.texas.gov
As you can see, we have done the hard work for the safety of our couples and guests. In addition, we reference Governor Abbott’s website in making decisions for our events which can be found here: gov.texas.gov / click Strike Force to Open Texas / scroll down to the 4 links for weddings.
We cannot wait to celebrate with you!
Your Villa Antonia Team
What is the capacity for each area of the Villa?
The Villa has many flexible spaces. The capacity depends on seated or standing, tables or chairs. The most common inquiries are for the following: Chapel Ceremony (chairs): 200, Inside the main Villa (seated at tables): 225, Gazebo Ceremony (chairs): 50
Do I get to pick my own Caterer?
You get to choose from our list of eight established Austin catering companies. Food & beverage service is such an important piece of your guests’ experience that we have vetted the best catering partners who have proven themselves to provide exemplary service at the Villa.
Do I have to use only your recommended vendors for other services?
Apart from catering and bartending, you are free to use a vendor of your choice for photography, music, flowers, etc. However, the vendors we do proudly recommend are those who have worked with us seamlessly in the past and have provided our guests with top-notch service.
Who sets up and takes down all tables and chairs for my event?
The staff from the preferred catering companies.
Can we purchase our own alcohol?
Yes. You can bring the alcohol or have it delivered. However, only professional TABC-certified bartenders on the Villa’s vendor list may serve your guests once it is on the property.
I have a friend who is TABC certified; can she/he serve alcohol at our wedding?
Unfortunately, only bar staff approved by Villa management is allowed to serve due to liability concerns.
Do you have speakers or a sound system?
We do not, but the DJ’s provide an excellent experience with their state-of-the-art sound system.
What time can my vendors arrive the day of my event?
They may arrive two hours prior to the event for set up, which is included in the 11-hour venue rental. After the event, they will have one hour to break down and vacate the premises.
When can I schedule our rehearsal?
The rehearsal is typically scheduled in the morning a day or two prior to the wedding.
Where can my guests stay?
There are a variety of options near the Villa. Our lodging recommendations are listed in the Preferred Vendors printable below.
How do I book a date?
A signed agreement and half the rental rate are required to secure your date.
Are you LGBTQ friendly?
Yes, we welcome anyone who wants to celebrate their love and we are happy to be a part of such a milestone celebration
Do You Have A Pet Policy?
We welcome your furry family members (dogs only) to share in your celebration. All dogs must be on a leash at all times, require a handler who will guide them and clean-up any messes. We encourage you to hire [email protected] to host your dog throughout the evening.
Do you host Indian weddings?
Yes, we love to! You can go off list for catering for special dietary/cultural needs for catering only in this segment. If so, you still MUST hire Sterling Events for staffing.